'Check out 'Talkward' and how to send 'Talkward' e-cards as part of Responsible Gambling Awareness Week 2016'
Wagga Wagga Family Support Services
Welcome to Wagga Wagga Family Support services. Our aim is to help all families with children whose capacity to function has been affected by temporary or long term stress. We provide support to a diverse range of families, including two-parent families, single parent families, teenage parents and culturally diverse families across Wagga Wagga.
What does Wagga Family Support Services offer you?
Support to families in developing skills and competency in child rearing and family relationships.
To help families become more aware of professional and community services within the area and to assist in client access to these services.
Services Provided by Wagga Wagga Family Support include:
- Home visits.
- Groups for mutual support, parental education, development of self confidence.
- Support counselling, information and referral services for individual families.
- Advocacy on behalf of clients with other agencies.
Wagga Wagga Family Support Services Inc. auspiced and related Services include:
- Family Support Gambling Counselling
- Family Support Financial Counselling
- Court Advocacy Service (CAS)
- Tax Help
- Linden Place Child Sexual Assault Counselling
We have trained staff who will assist families at home, through group activities or through centre based appointments.
Families are welcome to drop-in to the centre for a coffee, chat or further information.
Wagga Wagga Family Support Service endeavours to:
- PROMOTE family self-sufficiency.
- PREVENT family breakdown.
- PROVIDE access to groups such as parent groups, skill building groups and self esteem groups, which offer the opportunity for mutual support and development.
- PRESENT the needs of families to government and other agencies to ensure that they meet the Families needs rather than add extra pressure.
- ENCOURAGE families to link into appropriate benefits and services to which they are entitled.
To provide programs to families and individuals in a way that reflects the needs and aspirations of the communities serviced, while giving due respect to the worth of individuals, personal dignity and the right to quality of life.
Families or individuals within families may refer themselves or be referred by other services, with families permission by contacting the director of Wagga Wagga Family Support Services by phone on (02) 6921 7544 or calling in to the centre at Suite 15 'The Piazza' 46-52 Baylis Street, Wagga Wagga.
The need for Family Support Services was identified in the 1970s. Since then, State and Commonwealth Government funds have been provided for the services. The NSW State Government continues to provide funding, which is administered by the Department of Community Services (DoCS).
Wagga Wagga Family Support is a Not for Profit community based service that offers a range of services to families.
Family members are encouraged to contribute to the management of their service, ensuring that it continues to meet the needs of those it serves.
Where are we located?
Suite 15 'The Piazza' 46-52 Baylis Street
PO Box 2154
Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650
Phone: (02) 6921 7544
Fax: (02) 6921 6805